Can't display pinyin above Chinese characters

Juliette Devillard

Apr 23, 2015, 2:43:18 PM4/23/15
to chine...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I am trying to find the function that would enable me to display pinyin above mandarin characters. All of my Mandarin teachers seem to be able to do it but I simply can't find the button anywhere. Does anyone know how to do this?

Magnus Lewan

Apr 23, 2015, 4:15:19 PM4/23/15
to chine...@googlegroups.com
Format > Asian Layout > Phonetic Guide is the menu path in some versions of MS Word. It is not available in all language versions however, and in mine I have to type the pinyin manually. Japanese is filled automatically for me. MS Word for Windows is more convenient in this particular respect.

Cheers

On 23 Apr 2015, at 07:28, Juliette Devillard <devil...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear all,

I am trying to find the function that would enable me to display pinyin above mandarin characters. All of my Mandarin teachers seem to be able to do it but I simply can't find the button anywhere. Does anyone know how to do this?

SPD

Apr 24, 2015, 8:55:47 AM4/24/15
to chine...@googlegroups.com
Hi Juliette,

If you use Apple's Pages, it's easy to add pinyin above characters. This feature was, I believe, only added with the latest version (5). Just select your text, right click, and select "Add Phonetic Text" from the pop-up menu. You can make changes to the text field manually too, if necessary.

Jim 持夢 Gottlieb

Apr 24, 2015, 9:15:08 AM4/24/15
to chine...@googlegroups.com

Not sure what you mean by "function". I recommend using http://mandarinspot.com/annotate .