Any changes and improvements in iOS v10 and MacOS Sierra (v10.12)?

Ant

Sep 23, 2016, 2:27:05 AM9/23/16
to Chinese Mac
I didn't see Apple mentioning anything about Chinese inputs and outputs. Is it basically the same in the newer OS versions?

Thank you in advance. :)

Tom Gewecke

Sep 23, 2016, 1:36:29 PM9/23/16
to chine...@googlegroups.com

> On Sep 22, 2016, at 11:27 PM, 'Ant' via Chinese Mac <chine...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> I didn't see Apple mentioning anything about Chinese inputs and outputs. Is it basically the same in the newer OS versions?

One slight change I have found so far in Sierra: There is new box at the bottom of the input source preference pane for Chinese and other non-latin scripts which lets you set Caps Lock to switch to/from e.g. Chinese and the last-used Latin keyboard layout. Presumably this makes inputting mixed latin and non-latin text easier for some users.

Kerim Friedman

Sep 23, 2016, 6:49:43 PM9/23/16
to chine...@googlegroups.com
Oh. Very nice. I once had a third party input method that did this and found it very useful. Not to mention that the caps lock key is otherwise pretty useless…

---
P. Kerim Friedman 傅可恩
Associate Professor
The Dept. of Ethnic Relations & Cultures
College of Indigenous Studies
National DongHwa University, TAIWAN
副教授國立東華大學族群關係與文化學系
http://kerim.oxus.net

Schlutter, Morten

Nov 3, 2016, 4:42:05 PM11/3/16
to chine...@googlegroups.com, Schlutter, Morten
Hi all,

I recently installed Endnote X7, but when downloading book references from library databases the Chinese characters do not show up, only the romanized titles. This used to work in older versions of Endnote, and it must be possible in X7. Can anyone help? I contacted Endnote tech help, but they seem clueless.

Thanks,

Morten
---
Morten Schlütter
Associate Professor of Chinese Religion
Department of Religious Studies

Director, Center for Asian and Pacific Studies
International Programs

The University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52242

Ph.: 319-335-2165