Biaoyin download link?

S.v.e.n

Jul 17, 2014, 11:04:41 AM7/17/14
to chine...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I tried to install Biaoyin to be able to type Pinyin text with tone marks:
http://www.yale.edu/chinesemac/pages/romanization.html#Biaoyin

The download link still points to the mac.com homepage Eric used to
maintain. But Apple has since shut down mac.com and replaced it with
iCloud, and so the link is dead. Could this handy little utility be
uploaded again some where else please?

Thanks!

Eric Rasmussen

Jul 18, 2014, 10:29:01 AM7/18/14
to Chinese Mac
Hi Sven,

It seems I missed that when .Mac shut down. I thought I had changed that years ago. Anyhow, it fell through the proverbial cracks.

I haven't been able to upload to the Yale servers for several months (I first discovered the problem in March, I think). I have to go into IT and pester them about it, but I haven't had time -- they didn't respond to my one email about it. I'm not sure if it's because the site was dormant for too long, or they no longer want to host it. If it's the latter, I will move the site to chinesemac.org, which I just now claimed. [The above link works for me, but I claimed this domain only 5 minutes ago, so it may not propagate everywhere immediately. If it doesn't work, wait a while and try again.]

Eric