iOS v9

Ant

Sep 18, 2015, 11:43:50 PM9/18/15
to Chinese Mac
Hello again!

Did anyone upgrade to it yet? Can the new Notes app be handwritten in Chinese since it supports drawing?

Thank you in advance. :)

Magnus Lewan

Sep 19, 2015, 1:54:44 AM9/19/15
to Chinese Mac
The drawings are simply inserted image objects, so, yes, you can handwrite in Chinese, but the result will be drawings, not searchable text, unless someone finds a trick I do not see.

The drawing is not supported on all devices, by the way. My iPhone (of unknown model) handles it but my iPod touch does not.

Ant

Sep 19, 2015, 2:05:11 AM9/19/15
to Chinese Mac
Darn. It would be awesome if it was like old Palm's CJKOS' handwriting inputs into digital characters. I know iPhone 4S cannot do drawing in Notes app. Apple mentioned this somewhere. :(

On Friday, September 18, 2015 at 10:54:44 PM UTC-7, Magnus Lewan wrote:
The drawings are simply inserted image objects, so, yes, you can handwrite in Chinese, but the result will be drawings, not searchable text, unless someone finds a trick I do not see.

The drawing is not supported on all devices, by the way. My iPhone (of unknown model) handles it but my iPod touch does not.

Magnus Lewan

Sep 19, 2015, 2:11:21 AM9/19/15
to Chinese Mac
Remind me, please. How did the CJKOS handwriting differ from the current iOS handwriting input? I do not remember any such advantages with the Palm.

Ant

Sep 19, 2015, 2:17:26 AM9/19/15
to Chinese Mac
IIRC, writing with a pen stylus and then the software changes to asian unicode characters or something?