pdg files

Donald B. Wagner

Dec 28, 2010, 7:55:04 AM12/28/10
to chine...@googlegroups.com
Hello all -

I recently received from a Chinese friend a collection of files with
the suffix ".pdg". I gather that this is a Chinese variant of ".pdf",
but I haven't been able to find a program to read it.

Does anybody know of one? Preferably for Mac of course, but I can use
PC programs under Parallels.

Regards
Don
dr.phil. Donald B. Wagner
Jernbanegade 9B
DK-3600 Frederikssund
Denmark
Tel. +45-3331 2581
dw...@alum.mit.edu
http://staff.hum.ku.dk/dbwagner

Kerim Friedman

Dec 28, 2010, 8:16:07 AM12/28/10
to chine...@googlegroups.com
This has come up a few times in the past, here's a link to the search for those conversations:

Cheers,

Kerim

Assistant Professor
Department of Indigenous Cultures
College of Indigenous Studies
National DongHwa University, TAIWAN
助理教授國立東華大學民族文化學系

Jens Østergaard Petersen

Dec 28, 2010, 8:34:32 AM12/28/10
to chine...@googlegroups.com
Hi Don,

I recommend using Pdg2Pic, which can be downloaded at <http://www.comicer.com/stronghorse/software/#Pdg2Pic>.

I recently looked into this and wrote the below to Thorsten Lemke, as part of an investigation whether it would be feasible to have GraphicConverter convert this format.

Regards,

Jens

PDG is a proprietary format of <http://www.ssreader.com/>; I have not been able to find any format description. One is meant to access it with the SSReader, which can be downloaded at <http://www.ssreader.com/download/download.html>. There are "cracked" readers of the same format, such as that at <http://www.jfsky.com/softview/SoftView_5782.html>.

The developer's web page has a number of pdg-related apps: <http://www.comicer.com/stronghorse/software/index.htm>. There is also an English version of Pdg2Pic: <http://www.comicer.com/stronghorse/software/exe/Pdg2Pic_eng.zip>, the explanations in the html file are still in Chinese!

Black and White can be transformed into TIFF, PNG and BMP, colour also into JPEG and JPEG 2000.

He writes that it works through SSReader, so you have to install SSReader first (or have some other way of accessing the crucial PDG2.dll. This means, I think, that he has not reverse-engineered anything, just found a way to hook into a dll in SSReader. Probably this means that there is no way of converting this format with GraphicConverter.

There is no English version of SSReader. The download page is <http://www.ssreader.com/download/download.html>.

The developer has written some articles in Chinese on the subject of pdg's: <http://www.comicer.com/stronghorse/water/software/pdg2pdf.htm>, <http://www.comicer.com/stronghorse/water/software/pdg2pdfbig.htm>, <http://www.comicer.com/stronghorse/water/software/pdg2text.htm>, but I have not read them.

Christian Evan

Dec 18, 2014, 10:52:54 PM12/18/14
to chine...@googlegroups.com
Do you know how to convert PDF files to PDG? I search at any place, and only found PDG to PDF..
what i need is PDF to PDG..

Jens Østergaard Petersen

Dec 19, 2014, 3:55:46 AM12/19/14
to Christian Evan, chine...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian

The last posting on <http://www.hychess.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=49738> gives a strategy.

PdgRenamer 2.06 can be downloaded from <http://www.onlinedown.net/softdown/71689_2.htm>.

I have not tried this myself. Let us know if you succeed!

Cheers,

Jens
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Chinese Mac" group.

王龍駒

Dec 19, 2014, 11:46:03 AM12/19/14
to CHN Mac
.
On Thu, Dec 18, 2014, Christian Evan reposted a link by Kerim Friedman:

> This has come up a few times in the past, here's a
> link to the search for those conversations:
>
> http://goo.gl/dX4ar

As an update/note to the revival of this thread, and I know it's been
4 years, but this link is no longer valid. Not sure where it lives
now.

Jeffrey

Jeffrey J. Hayden, Ph.D. Professor of Language (Chinese)
( 王龍駒 / 王龙驹 ) Savannah College of Art & Design (SCAD)
eFax: 413.487.0389 http://sites.google.com/site/wanglaoshi1/

... in my opinion, constant practice helps performance most.
(p. 259)
-- Dean Smith, /A Coach's Life/, 1999
.