Font Book and Smart Collections in Sierra

柏大衛

Feb 10, 2017, 8:57:42 AM2/10/17
to Chinese Mac
Hello friends,

I'd like to get a collection of all the fonts that have Chinese characters in them in Sierra.  I went to use Font Book and tried to create a smart collection, and it produced no results.

The query I used was "Any of the following are true:  Languages include Chinese".

I also tried "chinese', "Chinese (Traditional)", "Chinese (Simplified)", "Han", "zh", "中文", and probably some others.  These also yielded no results.  However, I could do "Hindi", "Arabic", "Korean", "Japanese" all without problems.

Any clue what i should be typing in to get an automatic selection?

感謝,

David

Tom Gewecke

Feb 10, 2017, 12:42:23 PM2/10/17
to chine...@googlegroups.com

> On Feb 4, 2017, at 8:46 PM, 柏大衛 <bie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello friends,
>
> I'd like to get a collection of all the fonts that have Chinese characters in them in Sierra. I went to use Font Book and tried to create a smart collection, and it produced no results.

Looks like a bug Apple has to fix. No problem in El Capitan or with any other language in Sierra.

TenThousandThings

Jan 12, 2018, 2:48:42 PM1/12/18
to Chinese Mac
Fixed in High Sierra. Use "Chinese (Traditional)" and/or "Chinese (Simplified)" ...

"Japanese" throws too wide a net for my taste -- I use a regular collection for it.

Not sure if this was ever fixed in Sierra.

Tom Gewecke

Jan 12, 2018, 4:29:15 PM1/12/18
to chine...@googlegroups.com

> On Jan 12, 2018, at 12:48 PM, TenThousandThings <hello....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Fixed in High Sierra. Use "Chinese (Traditional)" and/or "Chinese (Simplified)" ...

Thanks! Odd that “Chinese” fails still...

Kerim Friedman

Jan 12, 2018, 8:32:02 PM1/12/18
to chine...@googlegroups.com
Very useful. Thanks!

Kerim

Associate Professor
The Department of Ethnic Relations and Cultures
College of Indigenous Studies
National DongHwa University, TAIWAN
教授國立東華大學族群關係與文化學系