Anyone know where fanyi has moved to?

elipsett

Mar 2, 2017, 7:24:03 PM3/2/17
to Chinese Mac

I think I've seen messages from Fanyi recently but can't seem to locate any, and can't seem to even find their site...

Thanks.

Edward Lipsett
Fukuoka, Japan

Pascale

Mar 2, 2017, 8:48:38 PM3/2/17
to chine...@googlegroups.com
The last message I received from Fanyi was dated February 22. I don't think the list has moved since then.
Pascale

elipsett

Pascale

Mar 3, 2017, 4:25:54 AM3/3/17
to chine...@googlegroups.com
Only Archives are OK I'm afraid.
It seems they have no more official webpage.

Pascale.
-------------------- Visit the FANYI-L homepage at http://cits.hawaii.edu/fanyi/ Fanyi-L archives: https://listserv.hawaii.edu/archives/fanyi-l.html ------

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Chinese Mac" group.

王龍駒

Mar 3, 2017, 8:33:08 AM3/3/17
to CHN Mac
.
On Fri, Mar 3, 2017, Pascale wrote:

> Only Archives are OK I'm afraid.
> It seems they have no more official webpage.

As one of the co-owners of the FANYI list, I can say that the list is
definitely still available. Changes in the server system at the
University of Hawai'i, however, have seen the elimination of our web
space.

I've long since moved away from the physical space, but I can contact
the other co-owners to see if they are interested in or have any
wherewithal in resurrecting our web presence.

Was there something you were looking for in particular, Edward?

Jeffrey

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Jeffrey J. Hayden, Ph.D. Professor of Language (Chinese)
( 王龍駒 / 王龙驹 ) Savannah College of Art & Design (SCAD)
eFax: 413.487.0389 http://sites.google.com/site/wanglaoshi1/

Study the past if you would define the future."
-- Confucius, philosopher and teacher
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
.

Translation

Mar 3, 2017, 10:41:29 PM3/3/17
to chine...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Jeffrey.

What I'd really like is the mail address used to post something, and the information dump that tell people how to sign up!
I am already a list subscriber but for some reason don't seem to have the current posting address. And a friend of mine would like to subscribe...

Edward

> It seems they have no more official webpage.

As one of the co-owners of the FANYI list, I can say that the list is definitely still available. Changes in the server system at the University of Hawai'i, however, have seen the elimination of our web space.

I've long since moved away from the physical space, but I can contact the other co-owners to see if they are interested in or have any wherewithal in resurrecting our web presence.

Was there something you were looking for in particular, Edward?

Jeffrey
.

王龍駒

Mar 4, 2017, 11:55:15 AM3/4/17
to CHN Mac
.
On Fri, Mar 3, 2017, Edward Lipsett wrote:

> > As one of the co-owners of the FANYI list, I can say that
> > the list is definitely still available. Changes in the server
> > system at the University of Hawai'i, however, have seen
> > the elimination of our web space.
> >
> > I've long since moved away from the physical space, but
> > I can contact the other co-owners to see if they are
> > interested in or have any wherewithal in resurrecting our
> > web presence.
> >
> > Was there something you were looking for in particular, Edward?
>
> What I'd really like is the mail address used to post something,
> and the information dump that tell people how to sign up!
> I am already a list subscriber but for some reason don't seem
> to have the current posting address. And a friend of mine
> would like to subscribe...

As far as I know, subscription info is still as follows (from the
FANYI email Footer):

To suspend delivery (e.g., while on vacation): set FANYI-L nomail
To resume delivery (e.g., upon your return): set FANYI-L mail ack

HTH.

Edward Lipsett

Mar 5, 2017, 8:15:44 PM3/5/17
to Mac Chinese