Favorite genre of film and what film?

Madison (G-STAR)

Feb 25, 2009, 12:05:40 PM2/25/09
to Children of Conflict 08-09
I believe documentary to be my favorite genre of film.
My favorite documentaries are:
1. Sicko
2. Thin
3. Obsession
4. Jesus Camp
5. This Film is Not Yet Rated
6. The Bridge

Please post yours!

Maria (G-STAR)

Feb 25, 2009, 12:10:51 PM2/25/09
to Children of Conflict 08-09
I love Disney Movies!!! They're my favorite.

Steff (G-STAR)

Feb 25, 2009, 12:11:43 PM2/25/09
to Children of Conflict 08-09
I like documentaries too, but I love history/drama films and movies
that mess with your head.
In no particular order:

A Beautiful Mind
Pulp Fiction
American Beauty
Troy
Gladiator

Annabelle (G-STAR)

Feb 25, 2009, 12:11:52 PM2/25/09
to Children of Conflict 08-09
I can't really say that I have a favorite genre, but I have a lot of
favorite films. Here are a few, in no particular order:

Slumdog Millionaire
The Spirit
Sweeney Todd
Fight Club
Snatch
Monty Python's Life of Brian
Yes Man

There are many more, but I'll spare you all!

Miles (G-STAR)

Feb 25, 2009, 12:12:37 PM2/25/09
to Children of Conflict 08-09
I would say my favorite genre of film would have to be Horror. Not
Slasher, Horror. Yes there's a difference. My favorite would have to
be The Thing by John Carpenter and the new Halloween by Rob Zombie.

Marie (G-STAR)

Feb 25, 2009, 12:13:10 PM2/25/09
to Children of Conflict 08-09
I love Horror/Thriller as well as Dramatic films. Course, most of the
horror/thriller movies I've seen are not well developed or thought out
correctly in a sense, it's still interesting to watch how people's
minds wrap around an idea & see how they portray it. Surprisingly, one
of my favorite Horror films is "The Uninvited" starring Emily Browning
and Elizabeth Banks (I'm pretty sure that's her name). The idea for
the film wasn't that complex but the way they portrayed Emily
Browning's character in the film & what she was seeing/thinking was
really interesting. I'm also a big fan of the Saw movies. Though the
plot in basically every movie is the same, there's always some sort of
twist that leaves the audience shocked & at the edge of their seats.
And I watched "Mum & Dad" just recently and it was a British horror
film. It's about a girl who gets kidnapped & tortured while living in
England by a British family, who keep her captive and make her their
"daughter." Also, some of my favorite dramatic films are American
History X, Fight Club, Choke, etc.

Madison (G-STAR)

Feb 25, 2009, 12:13:23 PM2/25/09
to Children of Conflict 08-09
Steff, have you seen The Truman Show?

Madison (G-STAR)

Feb 25, 2009, 12:18:09 PM2/25/09
to Children of Conflict 08-09
Another favorite films of mine:
Garden State
In The Land Of Women
Little Children
American Teen
Lars and the Real Girl

My list could go on and on..

Conrad (G-STAR)

Feb 25, 2009, 12:19:22 PM2/25/09
to Children of Conflict 08-09

From most to least favorite

1. Action (Transformers, 2F2F, I Am Legend, ect..)
2. Action-Adventure ( All of the Indy Jones, LOTR 2&3, ectt..)
3. Adventure (LOTR 1, Harry potter 1, ect..)
4. Sci-Fi (Armageddon, Red Planet, Sunshine, ect..)
5. Comedy (Yes man, Liar Liar, Bruce Almighty, ect...)
6. Horror (too low buget and cheesy for me) (TWO lol)

Erica (G-STAR)

Feb 25, 2009, 12:22:04 PM2/25/09
to Children of Conflict 08-09
I think my favorite genre is the romantic comedies, like "50 First
Dates" or "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days". And I love just about
anything with Johnny Depp it.
Adventure movies are cool too. Oh, and I loved "Across the Universe"
because it had The Beatles in it. :-P

On Feb 25, 12:05 pm, "Madison (G-STAR)" <gstar.madi...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Message has been deleted

Maria (G-STAR)

Feb 25, 2009, 12:24:28 PM2/25/09
to Children of Conflict 08-09

I didn’t list mine. They go in order of Favorites

1. Little Mermaid
2. Aladdin
3. Beauty and the Beast

Karissa (G-STAR)

Feb 25, 2009, 12:26:30 PM2/25/09
to Children of Conflict 08-09
I don't like just one genre, i'm all over the place!

The Kitchen Stories
The Green Butchers
Noi
The Squid and The Whale
The Royal Tannebaums
The Science of Sleep
The Rules of Attraction
Train Spotting
Men of Honor
Goodbye Stalin!

I like way toooooo much!

Annabelle (G-STAR)

Feb 25, 2009, 12:35:46 PM2/25/09
to Children of Conflict 08-09
Maria, I LOVED Beauty and the Beast! :D

Stephania (G-STAR)

Feb 25, 2009, 12:39:08 PM2/25/09
to Children of Conflict 08-09
I enjoy all sorts of films. I like comedy, drama, documentary and a
little bit of everything else; it really depends on the mood I'm in.
If I want to laugh, I turn to comedy. If I want to learn something, I
watch documentary And watching drama usually teach me things that I
never really thought of before or just for entertainment.
Some of my favorites are:

The Color Purple
Anything by Tyler Perry (especially Madea)
CSI Miami
The Matrix

Michael (G-STAR)

Feb 25, 2009, 12:39:20 PM2/25/09
to Children of Conflict 08-09
Oy! My favorite movies... I'm not quite sure where to begin...

I like films with acadamy award winning or nominated actors.

Fight Club
American History X
American Beauty
Usual Suspects
Snatch
A Fish Called Wanda
And lots more, but I have to go now. so be back later.

Bujan Stavileci

Feb 27, 2009, 8:59:55 AM2/27/09
to children-of-c...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone my favorite genre of movie is comedy
And my favorite movies are so much that i can't tell you.

Reyna (G-STAR)

Feb 27, 2009, 9:17:29 PM2/27/09
to Children of Conflict 08-09
I don't really have a favorite genre, and i have about 100 fave movies
but, some of my all time favorites are:

Goodfellas
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Garden State
Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Outsiders
Standby Me
Heathers
The Breakfast Club
Ferris Buelers Day Off
and...Clueless....
=]

On Feb 25, 12:05 pm, "Madison (G-STAR)" <gstar.madi...@gmail.com>

clementical.ls

Feb 28, 2009, 5:12:06 AM2/28/09
to Children of Conflict 08-09

On Feb 25, 7:05 pm, "Madison (G-STAR)" <gstar.madi...@gmail.com>
wrote:
IN SA WE HAVE A NUMBER OF DOCUMENTARIES. THAT DEALS ON A NUMBER OF
DIFFERENT ISSUES. AND SOME I WATCH , BUT MY FAVOURITE GENRE OF FILM IS
COMEDY AND MOVIES WITH GREAT CARS POEPLE AND STYLE.