CB production in docker

phang.m...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2018, 5:40:58 AM3/17/18
to ChicagoBoss
Hi,

Anyone can run CB production in docker ?

i try using docker-compose, but fail as the cb start will fork to background.

googling with no result and still not able to figure it out.

using docker-compose run  on dev mode is success, but will attach the console all the time.

anyone success with docker can share how to do it.

Thanks,

phang.m...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2018, 11:39:58 AM3/23/18
to ChicagoBoss

Hi,

I manage to get it work on docker.

Seems the start.sh script run cb in production with detach mode.
Docker expect a running console after fired.

So in production mode need to make it still attach to erlang console. i don't want to run in dev mode with console for production.

So i have mod boss_rebar.erl and the init.sh

i m not sure if anyone will need this. i push it to my repo and will make pull request on github.

Thanks

Graeme Defty

Mar 23, 2018, 11:52:59 AM3/23/18
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a feeling that  this will certainly be useful to me.

I have been thinking of re-deploying my production system in Docker for some time now. This may give me the shove I need to tackle it.

Thanks for the good work.

Graeme

Phang Mulianto

Apr 10, 2018, 1:29:45 PM4/10/18
to ChicagoBoss
Hi Graeme,

I ended with using docker bcoz i move my dev machine to new version, then i cannot compile my erlang even using kerl, something error with the ssl / crypto.

Tired of it so try docker image.

glad it can be usefull somehow.