Can I get separate database settings for multiple chicagoboss applications running from one instance?

22 vues

Robert Swirsky

non lue,
17 févr. 2016, 19:33:2717/02/2016
à ChicagoBoss
ChicagoBoss allows for included applications to have their own domains ("virtual hosts").

Is it possible for each of these included applications to have their own database settings? The settings in the individual boss.config files, which run fine when started stand-alone, don't seem to be picked up when I start multiple chicago boss applications from one master boss.config file.

I need separate db names, username, password for each included application.

Graeme Defty

non lue,
17 févr. 2016, 23:09:5817/02/2016
à chica...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert

I have never tried using shards myself, but it may be worth a look. It could provide you with the separation you need.

Graeme
> --

swi...@gmail.com

non lue,
18 févr. 2016, 18:32:0718/02/2016
à ChicagoBoss
Thanks! I just found that thread, too. I will try something like this

{applications, [research, cb_admin]},
{ db_shards,

[
[
{db_host, "localhost"},
{db_adapter, mysql},
{db_port, 3306},
{db_username, "root"},
{db_password, ""},
{db_database, "prod_bronx"},
{db_shard_models, [sales, cities]}
],
[
{db_host, "thexyzxyz.net"},
{db_adapter, mongodb},
{db_database, research},
{db_write_mode, safe},
{db_read_mode, master},
{db_shard_models, [objectives, criterias, candidates]}
]
]
},
{log_dir, "log"},