Just started boss_news manually to be able to save or update MySQL datas

Mert Öztürk

Mar 1, 2016, 5:07:47 PM3/1/16
to ChicagoBoss
Hello,

I am on the latest head of CB and erlang 18.2
I think boss_news checks all boss_db actions and finally found boss_news is starting automatically as application starts.
So when i try to update or save data on MySQL i got the following error;

16:21:12.065 [error] ** Boss Service Handler myapp_service_websocket terminating in handle_incoming/4
   for the reason exit:{noproc,{gen_server,call,[{global,boss_news},{updated,"user_data-1",[{id,"user_data-1"},...........]

I started boss_news manually with priv/init/ editing news.erl and adding boss_news:start()
Is this the correct way to do this? Or did i miss something?

Help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mert

Mert Öztürk

Mar 1, 2016, 5:08:52 PM3/1/16
to ChicagoBoss
* found boss_news is NOT starting automatically

Dmitry Polyanovsky

Mar 3, 2016, 5:23:18 AM3/3/16
to ChicagoBoss
Hi,
boss_news starts automatically as part of boss_db, no additional action required