Is ChicagoBoss dead?

Ray Long

Jul 26, 2017, 7:02:05 PM7/26/17
to ChicagoBoss
It seems like this project has died.  =(

Is ChicagoBoss being actively maintained or is everyone using Elixir and Phoenix?

Regards,
Ray Long

Dmitry Polyanovsky

Jul 27, 2017, 1:23:48 AM7/27/17
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
It's not dead, but community is too small to push active development and future community growth.
I keep it on sync with erlang releases, but some important features like moving to rebar3 are stuck in the middle and not released beyond my development machine.
I use it on some projects with 300k monthly visitors, so CB is still work for those, willing to dig into code.

Manuel A. Rubio "Bombadil"

Jul 28, 2017, 8:13:20 AM7/28/17
to chica...@googlegroups.com, Dmitry Polyanovsky

Hi,

I've used ChicagoBoss in several projects and it is a good piece of software but still give me the feeling "this is not finished". Something important like tests are not working for sessions, for example, and BossDB has a lot of limitations.

As I said, ChicagoBoss is a great piece of software, but still needs more work to be prepared to all of the developers out there.

Regards.
Manuel Rubio.

Graeme Defty

Jul 28, 2017, 11:43:00 PM7/28/17
to chica...@googlegroups.com
HI,

I have a fairly major site running in production (very low usage rate but high in functionality). Everything I need works great, but I am feeling a little lonely. There is not nearly as much discussion going on as when I started it 5-6 years ago.

Is anyone working on OTP20? I accidentally upgraded on my dev machine and I dont really want to fall back. (I do not have a whole load of spare time right now, but I am happy to help if I can be useful.)

graeme

Phang Mulianto

Aug 25, 2017, 3:27:00 PM8/25/17
to ChicagoBoss
I hope its not dead and still have someone answering questions.

I still using CB for my backend REST service and like it.

but only for basic usage, not advanced use.

I like the erlang style.

me...@lanyardmarket.com

Nov 1, 2017, 9:01:07 PM11/1/17
to ChicagoBoss
Hi,

I am using CB on my website which has nearly 120 visitors per day and working with websocket.
Now developing a new online three js game (fps) with CB as backend. I am still using older version on my production server.
I must say that i love CB and would be great if it is still active again like 2-3 years ago.