Chicago Boss make error

Darren Daly

Mar 13, 2015, 12:11:47 PM3/13/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am getting an error when running make on chicago boss folder.
I am using Ubuntu.

Procedure:
Installed erlang:
wget http://packages.erlang-solutions.com/erlang-solutions_1.0_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i erlang-solutions_1.0_all.deb
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install erlang

Chicago Boss:
git clone https://github.com/ChicagoBoss/ChicagoBoss.git cd ChicagoBoss/ git checkout tags/v0.8.14 make

make gives me an error as follows:

Cloning into 'uuid'...

and the repository exists.
ERROR: git clone -n git://gitorious.org/avtobiff/erlang-uuid.git uuid failed with error: 128 and output:
Cloning into 'uuid'...

and the repository exists.

ERROR: 'get-deps' failed while processing /home/darren/git/ChicagoBoss/deps/boss_db: rebar_abort
make: *** [all] Error 1

Stuck on this for hours now, if anyone has come across this before I would love to hear how you got past it.

Thanks.

Carlos Paparoni

Mar 14, 2015, 1:01:25 AM3/14/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Hi Darren,

I ran into this a while ago.

Open deps/boss_db/rebar.config (if I recall correctly, that should be the file) and change the instance of git://gitorious.org/avtobiff/erlang-uuid.git to https://gitorious.org/avtobiff/erlang-uuid.git

Once you do that, run make again; it should work with no issues.

Good luck,

Carlos Eduardo Paparoni
Ingeniería de Sistemas, mención Sistemas Computacionales.
Universidad de Los Andes - Mérida, Edo. Mérida - Venezuela -- carl...@ula.ve
Linkedin: http://ve.linkedin.com/in/kenshin23
Linux Registered User #402913 - Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn x64
Android 5.0 User

Kai Janson

Mar 14, 2015, 1:13:11 AM3/14/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Which version of Erlang did you install?  Which version of Ubuntu are you running?

--Kai

Sent from my iPhone

Darren Daly

Mar 14, 2015, 7:27:15 AM3/14/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carlos,

Your a Chicago Boss God! Needless to say, it worked.

Thanks for your help!

Darren

Carlos Paparoni

varga.rad...@gmail.com