[Cherokee] Embedded server

Ybotc

Apr 3, 2013, 3:34:19 PM4/3/13
to cher...@lists.octality.com
Hello all

I have a camera with a built in cherokee servers, to access it you use the
following:

Http://10.5.5.9:8080/

The camera takes videos (.mp4) and low res videos (.lrv) , when accessing
the websever the mime type of the mp4 files is correctly set as video , but
the lrv isn't set so you can't stream the files.

Is there a way of adding a mime type on an embedded version of cherokee ? I
have tried http://10.5.5.9:9090/ but this doesn't bring up the admin pages.

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Toby

Stefan de Konink

Apr 3, 2013, 3:43:41 PM4/3/13
to Ybotc, cher...@lists.octality.com
On Wed, 3 Apr 2013, Ybotc wrote:

> I have a camera with a built in cherokee servers, to access it you use the
> following:

Sounds like a GoPro? :-) The best thing would be to ask them to include
it, or a way for you to build the firmware (and/or access the cherokee
configuration)

Stefan

- -

Apr 4, 2013, 3:10:57 AM4/4/13
to Ybotc, cher...@lists.octality.com
Ybotc Would be interesting to know what company uses Cherokee as a webserver in a camera :) Would you tell us please?

Ybotc Would be interesting to know what company uses Cherokee as a webserver in a camera :) Would you tell us please?

M. David Peterson

Apr 12, 2013, 11:14:30 PM4/12/13
to - -, cher...@lists.octality.com
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 8:01 PM, M. David Peterson <m.d...@3rdandurban.com> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 12:10 AM, - - <stadtp...@ymail.com> wrote:
Ybotc Would be interesting to know what company uses Cherokee as a webserver in a camera :) Would you tell us please?

http://www.goproforums.com/6-gopro-hd-hero-hero2/733-gopro-wifi-backpac-web-server-cherokee-web-server.html

Further acknowledgement that they are in fact using Cherokee => http://gopro.com/support/open-source <= where you'll find at the bottom both a reference to their usage of Cherokee as well as their modifications to the source (v1.2.101) available for download.

GoPro Modifications — GoPro shares its modifications to GPL-licensed code
LibraryLicenseVersionPatch
cherokee GNU GPLv2v1.2.101Source Code

I'm going through the code now. I'll merge the changes they've made to the source into a v1.2.101-based branch called 'go-pro-embedded-cherokee-server' and commit it to the repository shortly.

Locke Bircher

Apr 13, 2013, 12:14:50 AM4/13/13
to M. David Peterson, cher...@lists.octality.com
Hah, a patch in PDF format!

That's very cool that they are using Cherokee.

-Locke

M. David Peterson

Apr 13, 2013, 2:12:22 AM4/13/13
to Locke Bircher, cher...@lists.octality.com
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 9:11 PM, Locke Bircher <lo...@gigsalad.com> wrote:
Hah, a patch in PDF format!

I know, right?! Whoo! I mean, it may be completely unusable, but it does provide a nice presentation layer for the upper management types who would be completely freaked out if they had to look at a plain ASCII text and try to decipher what the hell they were looking at. ;-)

That's very cool that they are using Cherokee.

Which is certainly cool enough to consider forgiving whomever chose to provide a PDF patch file. Barely, but none-the-less ;-)

- -

Apr 13, 2013, 5:20:41 AM4/13/13
to M. David Peterson, cher...@lists.octality.com

"[...] a reference to their usage of Cherokee as well as their modifications to the source (v1.2.101) [...]"

If they did make modifications, it would be great if we could encourage them to commit theit mods by themselves. Would be nice to see Cherokee growing :)

If they did make modifications, it would be great if we could encourage them to commit theit mods by themselves. Would be nice to see Cherokee growing :)

+1

M. David Peterson

Apr 17, 2013, 10:18:06 PM4/17/13
to - -, cher...@lists.octality.com