[Cherokee] cherokee-remote.py script

Sergio Aguilar Guerrero

Apr 3, 2013, 9:58:11 PM4/3/13
to cherokee
Hello All,

I just wanted to share a little script I wrote for managing a remote cherokee server thru SSH.
It's just a remote ssh cherokee-admin helper, it will run cherokee-admin remotely, establish a secure ssh tunnel to the admin port and then open the default browser with the url. It's implemented with python fabric.

I'm still new at python, so the code is a little basic and still needs a bit more work, but currently is functional. I just created it because I was tired of doing the same commands over and over.

I normally use ssh keys, and will probably need to implement something for password caching using fabric.

Here's the link:

Please feel free to make any suggestions and improvements; fork if you wish.

Regards,

Sergio Aguilar

PS. I'll be offline for a few days,  will respond when I'm back.