[Cherokee] What is the diference between Http reverse Proxy and FastCGI?

meijiwolf

Feb 18, 2013, 7:25:49 AM2/18/13
to cher...@lists.octality.com
what is the difference between these two managers?

Regards.

Stefan de Konink

Feb 18, 2013, 7:33:35 AM2/18/13
to meijiwolf, cher...@lists.octality.com
On Mon, 18 Feb 2013, meijiwolf wrote:

> what is the difference between these two managers?

I guess it is simple FastCGI speaks the FastCGI protocoll and the reverse
proxy speaks HTTP.

Stefan

meijiwolf

Feb 18, 2013, 8:07:05 AM2/18/13
to cher...@lists.octality.com
but fastcgi can not distribute client requests as HTTP reverse proxy?

Stefan de Konink

Feb 18, 2013, 8:10:37 AM2/18/13
to meijiwolf, cher...@lists.octality.com
On Mon, 18 Feb 2013, meijiwolf wrote:

> but fastcgi can not distribute client requests as HTTP reverse proxy?

Why not?

Stefan

meijiwolf

Feb 18, 2013, 8:33:10 AM2/18/13
to cher...@lists.octality.com
I do not know is a question ... change my question then .. how fastcgi acts
to distribute client requests to servers and how acts http reverse proxy to
distribute client requests to servers?

Stefan de Konink

Feb 18, 2013, 8:36:11 AM2/18/13
to meijiwolf, cher...@lists.octality.com
On Mon, 18 Feb 2013, meijiwolf wrote:

> I do not know is a question ... change my question then .. how fastcgi acts
> to distribute client requests to servers and how acts http reverse proxy to
> distribute client requests to servers?

Both use the same balancer infrastructure.

Stefan

meijiwolf

Feb 18, 2013, 8:45:09 AM2/18/13
to cher...@lists.octality.com
then The fastcgi can distribute loads like http reverse proxy using IP Hash
or round robin?

Taher Shihadeh

Feb 18, 2013, 12:15:45 PM2/18/13
to cher...@lists.octality.com