Rewired State Parliament 2012

RichardR

Nov 27, 2012, 10:11:29 PM11/27/12
to chelmsford...@googlegroups.com
So Lucy and I were asked by Alex Reed and Gideon Brett to go to Rewired State Parliament last weekend, we did and had quite a lot of fun there seeing everyone and messing with the parliament data we were given.
The Hub Westminster seems to be, at least physically, the kind of place I'd like the Makerspace to become, though the Hub is mostly focused on tech and social startups rather than making and modding.
Of course, I took the PirateBox, it didn't get used as much as I'd hoped but it was worth taking just to talk to people about.

Video of the event is still to come but here's some further reading for now.
Event information: http://rewiredstate.org/hacks/parliament-2012

Pictures I took at night when most people went to sleep: http://imgur.com/a/iRvfG
There's also some promotional material in the cupboard at the hut.

Ben Orrin

Nov 28, 2012, 12:08:38 PM11/28/12
to chelmsford...@googlegroups.com
Sadly I couldn't make it, but it looked very good and The HUB does seem an interesting place.

Any revelations or awesome stuff we could implement back at home?

RichardR

Nov 28, 2012, 12:29:50 PM11/28/12
to chelmsford...@googlegroups.com
Quite a few nice small things I'd like to have when we get our own building but nothing exactly major, it was just a very nice place to work.