Also check files outside maven default directories

Veit Guna

Aug 1, 2016, 4:59:17 AM8/1/16
to checkstyle
Hi.

I'm using checkstyle to validate my source and resource files. That works so far.
But now I encountered, that it won't check files outside of the standard maven dirs.

E.g. it would be great if it could check the pom as well. Is this somehow possible?
Also when it comes to windows/unix lineending checks, it would be great, if all
files in a project could be checked.

Thanks
Veit

Roman Ivanov

Aug 4, 2016, 7:56:15 AM8/4/16
to Veit Guna, checkstyle
Hi Veit.

checkstyle itself does validations of all files that are specified in folder (by extension) or strict path to file.

looks like you speak about maven plugin usage, so you need to consult that project on how to make it happen in maven project.

Checkstyle is library, and have only CLI , see link above on its usage.

thanks,
Roman Ivanov

Veit Guna

Aug 16, 2016, 6:59:54 PM8/16/16
to checkstyle, veit...@gmx.de
Hi Roman.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll check the maven project. And sorry for the late reply!