Custom Message on custom IllegalImport

Jacek Ciszewski

Nov 2, 2015, 4:11:59 AM11/2/15
to checkstyle
Hi,
I'm just on implementing some custom checks. For most of them It is good enough just to write new rules to existing checks. I wanted to add some additional packages into module illegalIImport. I wanted to add a suggestion which packages should be used instead of the illegal ones. It seems that I cannot override the standard Error Message for the standard module. I've tried to override the standard message with <message key="someCustomKey" value="my custom hint">, but it does not appear in Eclipse as a Hint - I can see only the localized standard message from Checkstyle. I googled on that a bit, it seems I need to create my custom Check, set up the custom message and then just add my module to the xml (together with the custom messages.properites and module definitions file), but It seems quite a lot of work for only overriding the standard message. Is there any better way to do that?

Thank you!

Roman Ivanov

Nov 2, 2015, 11:45:33 AM11/2/15
to Jacek Ciszewski, checkstyle
Hi Jacek,

We do support for custom messages

So you use Eclipse-CS. Now we need figure out where is a problem in checkstyle project or Eclipse-CS project.

if works fine, please go to Eclipse-CS forum for help (but please put in this thread link to it, it is interesting case.).

thanks,
Roman Ivanov