JavadocType does not have ignore names regex property

Eugene Peh

Apr 11, 2017, 7:16:39 AM4/11/17
to checkstyle
Hello checkstyle developers,

  Unlike JavadocMethod, JavadocType does not have a property for ignoring certain class names.
This has caused some problem in my community as we would like to ignore checks on certain classes such as
classes that are meant for Test cases. I'd like to highlight this issue and hope it gets implemented in the future.
Thank you.

Regards,
Eugene Peh

Roman Ivanov

Apr 11, 2017, 1:14:54 PM4/11/17
to Eugene Peh, checkstyle

Eugene Peh

Apr 12, 2017, 11:30:18 AM4/12/17
to checkstyle, euge...@gmail.com
Thank you, had never crossed my mind to use suppressions file, will certainly try it out.

Eugene Peh

May 24, 2017, 9:01:40 AM5/24/17
to checkstyle, euge...@gmail.com
Hi Mr Ivanov,

I have tried using SuppressionFilter, it has worked well with gradle. However, the errors continue to persist in eclipse checkstyle plugin,
may I know if it is a bug?

Thank you.

Regards,
Eugene Peh

Roman Ivanov

May 24, 2017, 7:12:11 PM5/24/17
to Eugene Peh, checkstyle
Hi Eugene,

It should work, recheck paths in eclipse-cs to suppression file.

You might need smth like (to reconsile current path from gradle and eclipse-cs):
  <module name="SuppressionFilter">
    <property name="file" value="${config_loc}/checkstyle-suppression.xml"/>
  </module>

​thanks,
Roman Ivanov

Eugene Peh

May 26, 2017, 11:05:49 AM5/26/17
to checkstyle, euge...@gmail.com
Hi Mr Ivanov,

Thank you for your quick reply and your help.
I have done the following

<module name="SuppressionFilter">
  <property name="file" value="${basedir}/config/checkstyle/suppressions.xml"/>
  <property name="optional" value="false"/>
</module>

and also

<suppress checks="Javadoc" files="[\\/]\w+Test\.java"/>
in the suppressions.xml file in order to suppress the Javadoc check on Test files.

The error did not show up when using gradle checkstyle plugin.
However the eclipse-cs plugin still continue to show errors on the suppressed check
(even after rebuild and disable/enable esclipse-cs plugin).

Gradle cs version : 7.2.0, Eclipse cs version : 7.6.0

Here's our open source and my commit link if you wish to take a further look:
https://github.com/se-edu/addressbook-level4/pull/379/commits/3ab30bd8a41bae33f7912453cab14f12888500df

Hope to have your help on this.
Thank you.

Best Regards,
Eugene Peh

Roman Ivanov

May 26, 2017, 7:25:30 PM5/26/17
to Eugene Peh, checkstyle
it is better to ask maintainers of eclipse-cs - at https://sourceforge.net/projects/eclipse-cs/ how to make it work.
I am just another occasional user of eclipse-cs