How to start with checkstyle

Cezariusz Marek

Jun 4, 2015, 6:35:55 AM6/4/15
to check...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've downloaded checkstyle and I'm trying to run it from a command line, but it doesn't work for me. What am I doing wrong:

r:\Work>java -cp c:\Downloads\checkstyle-6.7-all.jar com.puppycrawl.tools.checkstyle.Main -c sun_checks.xml -o log.txt DemoApp
Could not find file 'log.txt'.

r:\Work>java -cp c:\Downloads\checkstyle-6.7-all.jar com.puppycrawl.tools.checkstyle.Main -c sun_checks.xml DemoApp
Checkstyle ends with 1 errors.

r:\Work>java -cp c:\Downloads\checkstyle-6.7-all.jar com.puppycrawl.tools.checkstyle.Main -c sun_checks.xml DemoApp\SomeCode\src\org\cezariusz\demo\app\code\DemoClass.java
Checkstyle ends with 1 errors.

Cezariusz

Roman Ivanov

Jun 5, 2015, 10:55:04 AM6/5/15
to Cezariusz Marek, check...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marek,

thanks for raising that issues:

1) that is bug, please report an issue to https://github.com/checkstyle/checkstyle/issues

2) that is also a bug, some exception happen in checkstyle and details are not printed to output (it could be problem in any config file or  ....)
Please report that as issue too.

workaround:
please use version 6.6 from sourceforge - http://sourceforge.net/projects/checkstyle/files/checkstyle/

thanks,