First time in GSoC

Sami Bilal

Mar 19, 2017, 4:30:38 PM3/19/17
to checkstyle-devel
Hello Everyone,

This is my first time applying in GSoC. I am a 3rd year Software Engineering student at NUST, Pakistan. I have very good experience in JAVA programming. I have also used studied and used JAVA for android application development, Recently, I wrote my first android application of Snakes & Ladders game as an assignment. Now, I am interested in applying in of the following project ideas by Checkstyle:

1. Practice What You Preach
2. Coverage of Documentation Comments Style Guide and performance optimization of Javadoc parser
3. Optimization of distance between methods in single Java class
4. Flexible Supperession model
5. Sun and Open JDK Code convention coverage
6. Spellcheck of identifiers by English Dictionary

The problem is, since this is my first time, I have a little guidance on how to apply for Checkstyle project team. Kindly guide me for the applying procedure.

Also I know I'm supposed to complete a small task before application. So I was hoping that you could assign me a task relative to the projects that I mentioned above.

Thanks,
Samiullah.

Ilja Dubinin

Mar 20, 2017, 1:08:43 AM3/20/17
to checkstyle-devel

Ilja Dubinin

Mar 20, 2017, 1:42:59 AM3/20/17
to checkstyle-devel
if you agree to resolve it, please make a comment "I am on it" in issue

Sami Bilal

Mar 20, 2017, 9:35:54 AM3/20/17
to checkstyle-devel
Can you provide me with brief explanation of the issue on hand so I can start working on it? Also how much time do I have to complete the task as I understand from today, registrations for GSoC are opening?

Roman Ivanov

Mar 20, 2017, 11:03:23 AM3/20/17
to Sami Bilal, checkstyle-devel
Please review other issues like your in our repo, bunch of them already fixed.

We do not set strict limits on issue to resolve, but the quicker the better.