GSOC Project Name: Sun and Open JDK Code convention coverage

ps

Mar 27, 2017, 8:14:21 PM3/27/17
to checkstyle-devel
Hi,

I wanted to know if my opinion of this project is correct. So, from what I understood following are the tasks to be accomplished for this:
1) Review both coding conventions in great detail
2) Update sun_checks.xml to add all that is missing or has bugs and accordingly update the checkstyle source if need be.
3) Create a openjdk_checks.xml in accordance with the openjdk coding convention and accordingly update the checkstyle src if need be.
4) Create a opendjdk checkstyle coverage web page and update sun Sun's Java Style Checkstyle Coverage page.

Kindly let me know if I am missing something. Also what other particular details are expected in proposals for this project. I've skimmed through the coding conventions and would be looking into where all the sun_checks.xml need to be updated, am I on the right track ?

Thanks.

Roman Ivanov

Mar 30, 2017, 3:56:31 PM3/30/17
to ps, checkstyle-devel
yes, all is correct.

> Also what other particular details are expected in proposals for this project.

I need details of dates when you plan to finish each config or phase of development.  And other details on UTs/ITs of your works (see google coverage details).

I've skimmed through the coding conventions and would be looking into where all the sun_checks.xml need to be updated, am I on the right track ?

yes, coverage page should be created as first step with clear defining/issues that need to be resolved to cover certain point , and then one by one issue coming to final point of full coverage.