Maven Checkstyle Plugin + latest Checkstyle 6.5-SNAPSHOT lead to build failure.

Alexey Zuy

Mar 16, 2015, 6:03:25 PM3/16/15
to checksty...@googlegroups.com
I was trying to generate report for Guava using checkstyle-tester project(link).
I cloned it on my PC and configured for using Checkstyle 6.5-SNAPSHOT, build latest Checkstyle with "git pull origin master && mvn clean install" and then launched checkstyle-tester.
During maven execution following error appeared:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.puppycrawl.tools.checkstyle.DefaultLogger.<init>(Ljava/io/OutputStream;Z)V
        at org
.apache.maven.plugin.checkstyle.AbstractCheckstyleReport.getConsoleListener(AbstractCheckstyleReport.java:622)
        at org
.apache.maven.plugin.checkstyle.CheckstyleReport.createRequest(CheckstyleReport.java:166)
        at org
.apache.maven.plugin.checkstyle.AbstractCheckstyleReport.executeReport(AbstractCheckstyleReport.java:471)
        at org
.apache.maven.plugin.checkstyle.CheckstyleReport.executeReport(CheckstyleReport.java:156)
        at org
.apache.maven.reporting.AbstractMavenReport.generate(AbstractMavenReport.java:255)
        at org
.apache.maven.plugins.site.ReportDocumentRenderer.renderDocument(ReportDocumentRenderer.java:219)
Maven stated that buid was successfull but it actually wasnt. Generated report was empty.

As far as I understand, DefaultLogger was not instantiated due to changes in constructor argument list. I looked through latest commits and there was one interesting.
Following commit MAY be connected with this problem:
commit

What do you think ?

Roman Ivanov

Mar 18, 2015, 1:21:00 AM3/18/15
to Alexey Zuy, checksty...@googlegroups.com
Yes , that was a reason, I reverted a commit

please generate report one more time.
thanks,
Roman Ivanov

Alexey Zuy

Mar 18, 2015, 6:35:23 AM3/18/15
to checksty...@googlegroups.com, zuy.a...@gmail.com
Hi Roman,

Generated report one more time with latest checkstyle-6.5. All passed successfully.

thanks,
Zuy Alexey