Agenda for upcoming AGM Oct 28th

Andrew Starr

Oct 20, 2015, 3:18:37 AM10/20/15
to The Foundation
  • welcome by chairperson
  • apologies
  • correspondence
  • chairperson's report
  • treasurer's report and presentation of  financial statement
  • election of officers
  • general business
  • question time
  • date of next meeting
  • close

Please attend if at all possible. The AGM will be held at Catalyst offices, above Pomeroy's Pub, 292 Kilmore St, Christchurch. We will also be on IRC: Channel name is #thefoundationz chat.freenode.net 6697.

Thanks

Andrew Starr
Secretary

Marek Kuziel

Oct 21, 2015, 6:50:56 PM10/21/15
to chch...@googlegroups.com
We had an interesting conversation at the end of `Project Night` yesterday regarding who "is allowed" to come to the AGM.

AFAIK, anyone interested in participating in the Foundation and its operation is more than welcome to come and join in there and then.

There are founding members of the incorporated society and they were all also invited. I hope we will get numbers for quorum.

As Andrew said, long meetings are boring and I agree with that so I reckon we can keep the AGM short and to the point and also do some work on projects before and after the AGM.

I shall arrive at the Catalyst office at 6pm per usual so I can get stuff done before the AGM starts at 8pm. Feel free to join in.

Marek

Andrew Sands

Oct 22, 2015, 4:34:05 AM10/22/15
to chch...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm on this list but am I a member of "The Foundation Makerspace Incorporated". According to the 'Rules of The Foundation Makerspace Incorporated' found on the societies.govt.nz website apparently there is a form but I have been unable to find such on the website.
How does one actually go about becoming a member and is there an annual subscription?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew Sands

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 8:18 PM, Andrew Starr <ajs...@gmail.com> wrote:

Quentin McDonald

Oct 22, 2015, 3:43:01 PM10/22/15
to chch...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

One of the issues we've had is in defining "membership" and what privileges and responsibilities that entails. That might not be able to be resolved at the AGM (since I agree that needs to be short) however it should be a high priority for the incoming committee.

So Andrew - you aren't a member but we've never actually had an effective membership mechanism so you aren't missing out.

Quentin

Andrew Sands

Oct 23, 2015, 5:02:19 AM10/23/15
to chch...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update.

Based upon the above then, it would appear that the AGM will be pretty short, as the "The Foundation Makerspace Incorporated" only has fifteen (15) actual members (i.e. those with voting rights.) and at least five (5) [ a third ] of those will need to be at the meeting to get a quorum.
IANAL and I hope to be proved wrong.

I hope to be able to attend but due to working evenings it depends on if I can get my shift covered.

Regards, Andrew Sands

Quentin McDonald

Oct 23, 2015, 4:03:08 PM10/23/15
to chch...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

Hope you can make it, if not there's the IRC option. If you can't make it but have any thoughts about what you'd like to see in a Makerspace or ideas for how it can be made attractive and sustainable then please feel free to share them here or to me directly and I can take them along as a sort of proxy.

Quentin