Project Night on Wednesdays // 16 Dec 2015

Marek Kuziel

Dec 17, 2015, 8:11:12 PM12/17/15
to chch...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Here is a summary from this week's `Project Night` session.

This was the last `Project Night` for the year.

We will resume `Project Nights` on Wednesday, January 13, 2016.

slack.com

Pete set up Slack for The Foundation. A place to meet & greet, hang out and discuss all things related to what we do.

If you are interested to join us, please do so here: https://foundation-slack.herokuapp.com/

It's super simple.

3D Printing

Winston came along with the `i3` extruder being "almost there". Winston ended up filing down the flats on a brass nut so it fits the nut-locker hole size.

Sebastien came along for the first time to the Wednesday session. It seems like he may some time in the near future to help out with the `i3` and `DMvII #71` printers.

We discussed re-doing the bed on `DMvII #71` the way how `Wilson TS` printers have it ie. MDF base with a heat bed + alu/glass printing area that is leveled using M3 screws on springs.

Sebastien has some M10/M8 rods which we will chop using an angle grinder next week at my place.

Analogue Computer

Andrew continued his work on his analogue computer while the rest of us were discussing 3d printing etc. I guess it's fair to say that Andrew was the only person actually working on something during the session :-)

Misc

I managed to start working on some paperwork for reimbursements of monies we've been putting into running the Foundation since 2013. Doing paperwork is truly boring, but someone has to do it. The goal is to draw the line and start fresh in 2016. So far I am on target to make that happen.

I've had a great meeting with Bridget and Carl from the FabLab Christchurch. Too soon to speak publicly about the progress, but watch this space. 2016 will be an exciting year for the Foundation.

A big thank you to everyone who contribute to the Foundation in 2015, have a good break over Christmas and New Year and all the best for 2016!

--Marek

Andrew Starr

Dec 21, 2015, 6:15:42 AM12/21/15
to chch...@googlegroups.com
Hey Marek,

Thanks for your summaries of our project nights thus far. I also believe 2016 will be an exciting year for the Foundation.

Hope to see you all in the new year!