Website help sought.

Jeff Johnson

Apr 19, 2017, 8:26:18 AM4/19/17
to chattl...@googlegroups.com, chattlab...@googlegroups.com
One of our founding members, Reda, has worked on a prototype for a site for Chattlab.  The initial look is here:  http://chattlab.pyrastudio.com/

we are seeking additional help from our "crew" and friends that want to help define the content we need, as well as make suggestions as to other things to add.

Also, population of a media-wiki site which will have many of the frequently sought information we may have.

If you want to be part of this, please email me at je...@chattlab.org and I'll put you on the invitee list as we find times to meet to discuss.  You don't have to be a website expert!

Thanks.
Jeff

Mike Harrison

Apr 19, 2017, 8:42:15 AM4/19/17
to Jeff Johnson, chattl...@googlegroups.com, chattlab...@googlegroups.com

> On Apr 19, 2017, at 8:26 AM, Jeff Johnson <jeffj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> One of our founding members, Reda, has worked on a prototype for a site for Chattlab. The initial look is here: http://chattlab.pyrastudio.com/

Looks like Wordpress. Which in this case, might be a good thing for general content. Hard part: content and keeping it updated.

James B

Apr 21, 2017, 7:41:33 AM4/21/17
to bob smashu, Mike Harrison, Jeff Johnson, chattlab-list, chattlab...@googlegroups.com
I recommend Jetpck Publicize and hook it up to social media. Members can either be set as authors (can self-publish) or contributors (saves as a draft first so someone can look it over before it goes to official channels).

Also, am I remembering incorrectly? Are we 501(c)3 now? If so, I can help with a Google AdWords grants. I got us one for Knox Makers and we get $10k a month in free AdWords If you systematically use it all consistently and inteligently they will bump you up to $40k a month in free ads.

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 3:42 PM, bob smashu <bobs...@gmail.com> wrote:
i think it would help to have a tools section on there to show prospective members what tools we have

Jeff Johnson

Apr 21, 2017, 8:21:09 AM4/21/17
to James B, bob smashu, Mike Harrison, chattlab-list, chattlab...@googlegroups.com
Great stuff James.  I was wondering if FB would feed into the site, but it would be much cooler if the site fed into FB (or whatever social media we have.

The google ad words would be useful too, once we have a better active site.  Jason has already gotten us free google stuff based on our 501(c)3 status.

Lee Walker

Apr 21, 2017, 9:06:48 AM4/21/17
to Jeff Johnson, James B, bob smashu, Mike Harrison, chattlab-list, chattlab...@googlegroups.com
Do we even have a FB page?

Lee Walker
Principal Engineer
(423) 834-7104
(404) 405-1194
l.s.walker (Skype)
www.codejourneymen.com

Code Journeymen LLC
1028 Signal Mtn Road,
Suite 103
"Tardis Basement"
Chattanooga TN
37405

Jeff Johnson

Apr 21, 2017, 9:09:09 AM4/21/17
to Lee Walker, James B, bob smashu, Mike Harrison, chattlab-list, chattlab...@googlegroups.com

James B

Apr 22, 2017, 10:31:54 PM4/22/17
to Jeff Johnson, Lee Walker, bob smashu, Mike Harrison, chattlab-list, chattlab...@googlegroups.com
Jetpack Publicize posts to FB / Twitter / G+, but it posts an excerpt with a link back to the site for the full post.