My Glowforge Pro arrived

Lee Walker

Oct 13, 2017, 12:14:18 PM10/13/17
to chattlab...@googlegroups.com, chattlab-list
My Glowforge is here. It's the Pro version, upgraded laser tube, faster cutting, and passthough slot.
It's much prettier than the K40 at the space. Much easier to use too.

I also had it up and running in 30 mins, and doing my first cut/engrave. Thats about 1 month faster than it took to get my K40 going :) (I didn't have quite as much time then)
But the K40 is $400, and a Glowforge Pro is $5995.

I'm away all this weekend, so I'll bring it for a show & tell on Tuesday night.

I pre-ordered it 2 years and 18 days ago :) Right after the Kickstarter ended.

But if you order one now, they will deliver by end of Nov (realistically - probably end of year).
Use this link to get $100 off. https://glowforge.us/X9T1WS

Impressed with it with the little I've done so far. No crazy Chinese software to learn/replace.

Lee

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Lee Walker
Principal Engineer
(423) 834-7104
(404) 405-1194
l.s.walker (Skype)
www.codejourneymen.com

Code Journeymen LLC
1028 Signal Mtn Road,
Suite 103
"Tardis Basement"
Chattanooga TN
37405

Jeff Johnson

Oct 13, 2017, 12:48:56 PM10/13/17
to Lee Walker, chattlab...@googlegroups.com, chattlab-list
Very cool.  Can't wait to see you demo your new baby.