Meeting synopsis/update: Please Read.

Jeff Johnson

Aug 23, 2017, 10:58:11 AM8/23/17
to chattlab...@googlegroups.com, chattlab-list
Note: Next week we will be discussing our needs for makerfaire volunteers.  Please try to make it if you can.  Free pizza will be provided at 6:30pm.  RSVP so we know how much to order.

Last night's meeting had about 9 attendees.  The following is a breakdown of what we discussed and other Chattlab updates:

  • We have run a new ventilation system that pulls air from the fablab (formerly the office) to the metalshop (room with windows).  A flex hose can be set out the window, and a variable speed controller varies the blower speed.  This will allow us to put our laser cutter(s) in the fablab and away from the dirty metalshop.
  • Business cards have been ordered and delivered and are available for you to take and distribute as necessary.
  • T-shirts have been ordered and will be available prior to the makerfaire.  All members get a free shirt.  More info to come.
  • Jonathan helped me get a 24volt power supply to power some donated LED panels that have no resistors associated with it, building a 25 watt .2 ohm resistor on the spot, very creative.  We hope to put this light panel in the coke machine to give it some light on the front.  The existing ballast and bulbs are defunct.
  • Discussions with Art120 proceeded to describe possible outfitting of our metalshop with some welding, cutting and grinding equipment.  More info to come later as we hammer out an agreement.
  • Lynn Dixon has the Full Spectrum laser in his shop and is in the process of evaluating it's operational status.
  • Workshops on the vinyl cutter are in the process of being determined,  More information to come after this weekend - I need to do some more testing so I know what I'm talking about.
  • Our wiki page is nearing completion, or the first pass anyway.