New student discount and family plan policy at Chattlab

1 view

Jeff Johnson

Apr 10, 2017, 9:42:14 AM4/10/17
to chattlab...@googlegroups.com, chattl...@googlegroups.com
The board met a few weeks ago and worked out a new membership policy to help facilitate additional memberships to the space for those that can't afford a full membership.  We are able to do this because our current membership provides enough income to make rent and insurance so it gives us opportunities to do arrangements like this which were were not able to do before.

Student Discounts:  Any student who is currently engaged in a degree program at a college or university can get a discounted rate of $25/month.  This membership includes all the privileges of membership (RFID access, member storage, voting privileges, workshop discounts).

Family Plan.:  Any member that is paying the full amount is able to pay an additional $25 a month for a family member to have additional access as well.  This membership includes all the privileges of membership (RFID access, member storage, voting privileges, workshop discounts).

Now here is where it gets interesting.  A full member can use their family plan option to sponsor a struggling maker that can't afford a full membership.  This is limited to one person per full member and we hope that this is only applied to someone that is truly struggling and not just trying to get a discount.

Though any new membership has all the privileges of membership, if we run low on member storage, we will need to evaluate prioritization and/or new areas to store a bin.  The board also reserves the right to re-evaluate this policy if we have issues with too much growth or abuse.

We don't have any formal process or page to do this, so contact myself or Jason for information on how to set up recurring payments.  Recurring payment will be a requirement for either of these memberships.

Thanks.
Jeff