Announcing Chatt*lab Space Improvement Contest.

瀏覽次數:0 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Jeff Johnson

未讀,
2017年3月22日 上午10:38:152017/3/22
收件者:chattlab...@googlegroups.com、chattl...@googlegroups.com
Okay, so talking with the membership, a lot of the members had some neat ideas on what they want to either build and/or have/use at the space, so we're going to throw out this contest:

Challenge:  Make an "thing" that benefits the space and it's members.
Due Date:   May 1st, 2017.
Voted by:    Membership votes.
Prize:         One month's membership, or $50 credit for workshops.
Consolation: All completed entries will get $5 credit in the snack area, including sodas.

Here are some examples of things that can be produced:
  • Wire rack for spools of wire.
  • Member storage shelves (oops, done already).
  • Ambient air cleaner.
  • Electronics bench shelf (Dave's).
  • Dust collection setup.
  • Track saw.
  • Method of storing clamps
  • Table saw sled or other jigs.
  • Adding shaper table to T-saw or workbench (we already have 2 ready to be installed).
Any submissions need to be announced to Jason or myself by 4/1.  This will help us make sure that something isn't duplicated or too ambitious.  We also would be able to provide some direction in terms of materials that may be available to you for your idea(s).

Jeff Johnson

未讀,
2017年4月5日 上午9:33:152017/4/5
收件者:chattlab...@googlegroups.com、chattl...@googlegroups.com
Just a reminder on this contest.  We discussed it last night at our open meeting and I know one person who is looking at making a rolling tool storage cart based on some of the carts we got from Art120.

We've removed the 4/1 submission deadline, but it still needs to be completed by 5/1.  We have one submission completed already, Dave's LED-lit bench shelf.  That bench seems to be the go to place now for soldering and the like.

Also, if someone wants to do the dust collection, most of the materials (4 inch pipe, fittings, 1st stage unit) are already there.

Thanks.
Jeff
回覆所有人
回覆作者