Meeting update - important update about next week.

Jeff Johnson

Oct 18, 2017, 3:53:59 PM10/18/17
to chattlab...@googlegroups.com, chattlab-list
Note, important stuff first:  We normally have the "agenda style" meeting on the last Tuesday along with food, but this month it falls on Halloween, so we're moving it up a week to 10/24/2017.  And it will be a Chili cookoff, so bring your best!  Chattlab will provide bowls, spoons, cheese and crackers.  Hope to see you there, crock pot in tow.....

  • We had a good meeting last night with about 13 people there.  Unfortunately, Lee wasn't able to bring his glowforge, but he was able to present some early results. Maybe once he gets the kinks worked out he can bring it in for a demo.
  • We have a new member, Michael Arnold, so everyone welcome Michael if you see him.
  • Art120 is adding a 7:30 session to their Wednesday welding classes in November, so reach out to Kate if you're interested.  Act quick, they sell out fast!
  • A woodworking subgroup is in the works for a monthly meet where cabinet maker member Jim Thorpe will be showing us some new techniques.  Dates and details to be worked out and announced at our meeting on 10/24.
  • We might have a new piece of equipment on the way, more details at the next meeting as we finalize the details.
  • There is a art/maker expo callked Geek Alley on December 9th at Eastgate mall where we will have a table or two to promote Chattlab and making in general, so if you have something to show off, let us know.  It was specifically requested that Dave bring his retro-pi (if possible).
And to re-iterate, bring Chili or an appetite next week!

Thanks.
Jeff