Chattlab updates

1 view

Jeff Johnson

May 4, 2017, 8:55:31 AM5/4/17
to chattlab...@googlegroups.com, chattlab-list
For those interested, here are a few updates for down at the 'lab:

  • We had 2 small workshops over the weekend, a Zumo bot workshop and a Retro-pi workshop.  both went well and were good learning examples for Dave and I on how to do the next ones.  Examples of my bot can be seen on our facebook page.
  • We have 2 new ambient air filters in our woodshop to keep the dust at a minimum.  Try to leave them on low during non-operating hours, and on medium or high when cutting wood.  Remotes are on the walls stuck to something metal (I put magnets on the back of them).
  • Adam is floating around some ideas for logos for shirts and such.  He's been sending them out to the mailing list, so please send him feedback and support.
  • The Jasons (Brown and Helton) and I have been discussing electrical plans, in particular, what new circuits we want run, etc.  Jason Helton is an electrician at Helton Electric, a preferred servicer at the BDC so that is greatly in our favor of saving some money.
  • The Coke machine is out of order, so if you need a drink, do the honor system (like we do the snacks) and get a cold one out of the fridge, but PLEASE, put another one in there to replace what you got so the next person doesn't have to take a warm one.   I'm working to get this one fixed, or get a better one.
  • We may be relocating the sofa to the founders club (the room across the hall next to the bathrooms).  Kathryn is all for it, and it will give us some room back in that corner to do something cool. Suggestions?
  • A company in Jasper Alabama has a motorized/automated panel saw they were selling for $2000.  Jason and I showed them the benefit of donating it, so we may be trying to get that over the weekend.  Jason has some ideas on how to integrate it into our CNC.  Cool.
Hack on.
Jeff

Jason Brown

May 4, 2017, 8:57:55 AM5/4/17