ChattLab Meeting update

Jeff Johnson

Mar 29, 2017, 9:22:44 AM3/29/17
to chattl...@googlegroups.com, chattlab...@googlegroups.com
We had a great meeting last night with about 15-20 people there.

Highlights include:

  • We discussed the possibility/likelihood of having a Chug-a-lug swap meet at our location to allow for the bartering/selling of old hardware that may have a new life elsewhere.
  • Yang gave us an update on the Kickstarter planning for our efforts to get some better hardware and tools at our space.  Reach out to me or Yang if you want to help with this effort.
  • Much discussion was given on what potential reward levels may be for our kickstarter campaign.
  • Jeff offered to carpool anyone that wants to go to the Knox Makers grand opening on Saturday.
  • Lee bought a chinese laser cutter from Walmart of all places.  He brought it in and we'll be experimenting with it.  This is NOT the glow forge that he should be getting in June.
  • Tim Youngblood gave a Makerfaire update.  The Makerfaire committee is offering $1,000 grants to makers that can offer some kind of interactive display at the faire.  Reach out to Tim if you have any ideas.  More information may come from Tim on this, because I'm sure I didn't relay the information 100% accurately.
  • We discussed having an open house sometime this spring or early summer that would help us coincide with our kickstarter.
  • A new member, Joe Holmes signed up and got his RFID tag.  Welcome, Joe!
  • Also, the member bin shelf is complete and bins are going fast!  If you're a member and haven't put your name on a bin, please consider it before we are out and have to buy more.
  • Our friends at EPB stopped by to review what signage they'll give us to put on our wall.  It'll include our wifi password on it.  For those unaware, EPB is donating internet to our club for free.  If considering an internet provider, EPB is our recommended choice.
Any questions and/or inquiries, please contact me at jeff at chattlab dot org.

Thanks.
Jeff
20170328_195604.jpg