Saturday and Sunday meetup review

Jeff Johnson

Oct 11, 2016, 12:00:54 AM10/11/16
to chattla...@googlegroups.com, chattl...@googlegroups.com, chattlab...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to all that showed up, and thanks to Lee Walker letting us use his office for the meeting. We had a great meeting, talking about what makerspaces are and the benefits of getting ChattLab up and running again. We also discussed to potential locations. On Sunday, we visited the two locations. In the next few days, invitations will be going out soliciting members and asking for an initial monthly membership to allow us to build up an account to allow us to help decide what we can afford, and determine what space we want to lease.

Once we get our list of dues paying members, we will have some additional meets, perhaps at a restaurant or other public location where we can hammer out the details.

I know it's a tall order to ask for money prior to having a location, but without having a sponsoring entity (which we do not) we need to start somewhere, and with a little faith. Those that do contribute, I promise this, that if we don't succeed in getting a location, your contributions will be refunded in full. At each of our subsequent meetings, we'll have numbers with regard to how many members we have signed up, how many funds we have collected (with bank statements) and our progress on locating a space for us to lease.

Thanks.
Jeff