PC Video adaptors.

1 view

Lee Walker

May 11, 2017, 11:08:30 AM5/11/17
to chattlab...@googlegroups.com, chattlab-list
We got a bunch of PC's from a job lot from an auction. You'll see them all over the space on shelves.
I'm trying to install Win7 on one of them and it has a weird ATI Radeon connector. So I need the adaptor to even connect a monitor to it.

Does anyone have these to donate? Or did any come with the machines we got in auction?

Amazon has them if we have to buy.

The all in one machines work well, but the desktop machines all need this adaptor.

Lee Walker
Principal Engineer
(423) 834-7104
(404) 405-1194
l.s.walker (Skype)
www.codejourneymen.com

Code Journeymen LLC
1028 Signal Mtn Road,
Suite 103
"Tardis Basement"
Chattanooga TN
37405

Jason Brown

May 11, 2017, 11:36:08 AM5/11/17
to Lee Walker, chattlab...@googlegroups.com, chattlab-list
I should have labeled those machines with that adapter. They would work for running the laser, but they happen to have a very very good chipset for LinuxCNC instead.

However, don't even bother using that ATI adapter. Just drop in another video card. If there aren't any at the space I have some at home.

Lee Walker

May 11, 2017, 11:42:57 AM5/11/17
to Jason Brown, chattlab...@googlegroups.com, chattlab-list
I grabbed 3 machines to install win7 on - 2 all in one, and the desktop with the radeon in it.
Figured we'd try them all.
Happy to use them for other things too. There are still 3 or 4 desktop machines unused at the space too if I remember correctly.. The desktops are faster and have more memory is all.

Lee Walker
Principal Engineer
(423) 834-7104
(404) 405-1194