Chaplin architecture

Karel

Apr 26, 2012, 7:19:20 PM4/26/12
to chapl...@googlegroups.com
An open discussion about the architecture to adopt for Chaplin.

Some first considerations where discussed here: https://github.com/moviepilot/chaplin/issues/25

Paul Miller

Apr 28, 2012, 9:10:01 PM4/28/12
to chapl...@googlegroups.com
I hate mailing lists. They are old, non-functional and shitty way to communicate. But there are no replacements. Well, i'm making one. Tied with GitHub. With chaplin. So I hope we'll be using it when it'll become better than mailing lists.

孟建

Jun 25, 2012, 2:16:30 AM6/25/12
to chapl...@googlegroups.com
I think chaplin's controller and mode work the way more like  actor (which is widly used in erlang).

Mode and controller are notifying each other through the mediator,pub-sub pattern.

This way resembles  actor a lot. One part code send message to another part code.

For example, a controller spawned (let's say) by a dispatcher. Then controller spawns corresponding views. All things communicated by send message.
By this way, the loop dependency of MVC will be eliminated which well suit for AMD js.

If one part code go wrong, then it suicide himself and whole branch relate. and let supervisor do things (For example, regenerate whole branch things.
It is a sandbox which do things like https://github.com/addyosmani/backbone-aura.

在 2012年4月27日星期五UTC+8上午7时19分20秒,Karel写道:

Tony Sullivan

Dec 3, 2012, 11:01:26 AM12/3/12
to chapl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

Any progress on the GitHub + Chaplin mailing list replacement?  Sounds like it could be cool.

Tony

Paul Miller

Dec 4, 2012, 4:02:45 PM12/4/12
to chapl...@googlegroups.com