Is Chaplin a pure client-side framework? Is it server-side agnostic?

Damon Deville

May 3, 2014, 7:40:41 AM5/3/14
to chapl...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

I have just stumbled upon Chaplin.js looking for coffeescript web frameworks and I am a bit confused about its scope and architecture.

Is it a pure client-side, server-side agnostic framework much like Spine.js and Batman.js?

If yes, does it assumes a server-side consisting of a mere RESTful web service with persistent model storage?

If yes:
1) Which component of the Chaplin architecture sends/receives http requests/responses to/from the server
2) What server-side frameworks are guys using (if any)?

Thanks a lot in advance for helping me out making sense of the ever growing web framework jungle out there.