So... are we officially shut down?

dy...@saveohno.org

Oct 26, 2017, 5:46:05 PM10/26/17
to Change.org API

My company has been using Change.org's API to serve hundreds of environmental petitions to thousands of college students for over 2 years now. Yes, it's been frustrating. The API is unreliable and we've had a lot of trouble with error handling. But, it worked. As much as we needed it to, at least.

When I saw it was deprecated in the latest push on GitHub, I was annoyed but understanding. Now, I'm just annoyed. If you go to https://www.change.org/developers, you'll see that the page just "doesn't exist" anymore! This means our users can no longer generate API keys, meaning we've gone from a barebones API, to a barebones API with no improvement plans, to no API at all.

It's kind of shocking how much of a mess this has been, both in implementation and communication, but unfortunately they were the only game in town. Now I guess there's none at all.
Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 5.37.06 PM.png