API errors addressed

Mark Dimas

Aug 2, 2016, 5:30:05 PM8/2/16
to Change.org API
Hi,

As many of you have noted the API began returning errors over the weekend. The failure was brought to our attention yesterday, and we got out a fix today that should have solved it. While the API is no longer officially supported, it should continue to work and we're sorry for any disruption this caused.

This version of the API will continue to exist for now, but is not supported and will eventually be fully deprecated. Depending on your use-case, you may be better served going forward using our embeddable petition widget. This will allow you to display a petition info card, along with an up to date signature count, on your web page. If you have other use-cases, like a fully embedded sign experience, please let us know so that we can correctly prioritize those types of widgets.

Thank you,
Mark Dimas
CTO - Change.org
Message has been deleted

Craig Jones

Aug 3, 2016, 4:38:45 AM8/3/16
to Change.org API
Hi Mark,

Thanks for looking into the issue, I can confirm the API is working again now.

I understand hosting and maintaining an API can be resourceful to the company, however first providing such functions then taking them away from us developers is very frustrating.

We found 'linking out' to Change.org to sign the petition a huge drop-off hence the reason for using the API to allow us to host a website around the Change.org signature integration which has been very successful for ourselves.

If the embed widget had the form fields to sign the petition, I would be happy to trial this, but if it proves to be unsuccessful then I will have to look into integrating with another petitioning platform.

Kind regards,
Craig