Getting 410 Gone codes when issuing signatures GET requests

Dylan Husted

Oct 13, 2015, 9:55:14 PM10/13/15
to Change.org API
Currently, when I issue a simple GET request for signatures on a particular petition, I get a 410 Gone code. This code isn't in the Change.org documentation and the petitions I'm requesting are live and accessible on Change.org.

To provide an example:

Any idea why I'm unable to retrieve signatures all of the sudden? There hasn't been a new commit to the Change API master branch since this stopped working.

Stephan Schlögl

Oct 20, 2015, 1:55:07 PM10/20/15
to Change.org API
Hi,
I'am having the same issue here. Apparently this request is now deprecrated. I do get the following

    "result": "deprecated",

"error": "This enpoint is no longer supported. You can get the most recent 10 signatures by using the `/recent` endpoint."

 Which explains the issue but it is a great pity since this endpoint was very useful. Not sure why they removed it.

Best,
stephan

Dylan Husted

Oct 20, 2015, 4:02:38 PM10/20/15
to Change.org API
Great catch. It's too bad they removed it but maybe I can still get a signature count at least, with the '/recent' endpoint. I'll check later tonight.

Best,
Dylan

Mark Dimas

Oct 20, 2015, 4:06:07 PM10/20/15
to Change.org API
Hi Dylan,

Fetching the petition itself will include a `signature_count` field.

Mark

Dylan Husted

Oct 20, 2015, 4:07:53 PM10/20/15
to Change.org API
Oh that's great to know! Thanks Mark.

Best,
Dylan

Craig Jones

Oct 27, 2015, 12:32:26 PM10/27/15
to Change.org API
Hi Dylan,

Disappointed the /signatures endpoint got removed :(

I've tried the /recent enpoint but it appears that it just displays the first 10 signatures and not the latest.
Any idea on how to get the most recent from this endpoint?

Many thanks

Dylan Husted

Oct 30, 2015, 6:09:59 PM10/30/15
to Change.org API
Interesting - you should be able to get the 10 most recent signatures with the '/recent' endpoint. If it's just returning the first 10 based off whatever way they're sorted (if not date/time most recent, then presumably id or date/time oldest), then that's a bug and you should create an issue ticket on their Github repo.

Best,
Dylan