API feature request: expose semantic data for petition targets

Alan

Jan 21, 2015, 1:26:23 PM1/21/15
to change-...@googlegroups.com
I've written a browser extension[1]  which displays progressive campaign information on a company or other target's own website and have begun utilizing Change.org's API to import featured petitions.  The extension keys off of the url of the target, however, since the API only provides text, I've had to use additional Named Entity Recognition tools in order to derive the website of the target.  The tools are not perfect and so require some manual supervision.

With the implementation of the target autocomplete feature in the petition creation form[2] it sounds like Change.org is already utilizing semantic tagging internally.  It would be great if this were exposed externally through the API using linked open data principles.  In general I think it would make the API more useful and make it easier to implement other types of mashups.

thanks
alan