API 403 Forbidden

Craig Jones

Aug 1, 2016, 10:55:15 AM8/1/16
to Change.org API

Did someone delete the API completely?

"HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden"

James Loftus

Aug 1, 2016, 6:10:06 PM8/1/16
to Change.org API
Hi Craig - you're not alone.  I raised this a couple of days ago as I am getting exactly the same error in my code.

I raised a ticket with Change.org who first of all advised me to clear out my browser cookies or change my browser !  I subsequently reiterated my point that my end client was not a browser and I was using their API.  I have since received the following response from them which was about as much use as a chocolate teapot:

"Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble using the API. Unfortunately, the Help Center does not have the resources available to help with this issue.

We encourage you to visit the developers site found at:

https://www.change.org/developers

You may also review the discussion as well as post you queries here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/change-org-api

Feel free to contact us if we can be of help with anything else."

Cheers, James.

Craig Jones

Aug 2, 2016, 9:14:26 AM8/2/16
to Change.org API
Hi James,

I had the exact same reply.

I've asked to be passed over to someone more technical, but doubt it will happen.

Appreciated any updates you may come across.

Many thanks
Craig

Dylan Husted

Aug 2, 2016, 4:52:52 PM8/2/16
to Change.org API
I've been having the same problems over the past few days. Every single one of our API calls was returning some kind of error.

All of the sudden, around 4 pm EST today, everything started working again. I haven't made any changes on my end.

It's a bit slow but the calls appear to be going through. Craig, James, anyone else, are you guys also running successful requests now?

Craig Jones

Aug 2, 2016, 5:16:38 PM8/2/16
to Change.org API
Hey, thanks for your reply.

Help Center got back to me, said they have escalated it to their technical team who should be updating it over the next 24 hours so to keep checking.

Still not working currently for myself.

Craig