[Change.org API] Status update and news

Change.org API

Oct 31, 2017, 1:19:52 PM10/31/17
to Change.org API
Hello, members of the Change.org API developers/users forum!

Change.org would like to:
  • reiterate that the Change.org API, in its current implementation, is no longer supported by Change.org;
  • inform you that, due to technical reasons, the Change.org Developers pages (https://www.change.org/developers) will be decommissioned and removed.
This means that new API key requests will no longer be issued. In order to request re-issuance of an already existing API key, please contact our HelpDesk by visiting https://help.change.org.

In addition, we would like to let you know that Change.org will be eventually discontinuing the API in this version of implementation, since we have found the security risks to be too high; this is, however, unlikely to happen before 2018.

In order to stay up to date on the latest news regarding the decommissioning process AND any future potentials for the next version of the API, please visit the Change.org API FAQ page at: https://help.change.org/s/article/Change-org-API .

Best regards,
- The Change.org Team

Tom Bassett

Jan 6, 2018, 6:07:18 PM1/6/18
to Change.org API
Could you please give more information as to why the security risks are too high/what they are?

It seems that oAuth2 standards are safe enough for pretty much *every* web app that exists.

Reese Armstrong

Jan 28, 2021, 2:23:54 PM1/28/21
to Change.org API
I need to use this API, as I would like to sync my petitions between change.org and another platform because change.org is blocked in my school. Please open the API and don't maintain it, just have it there. We need it, it is rude af to give us an API and then deprecate it. :(((