Suggested browsers?

Alexander Deliyannis - SYMPRAXIS Team (eu)

Feb 17, 2012, 4:45:24 PM2/17/12
to chain-o...@googlegroups.com
Hi Doc,

First of all, let me say that I am quite impressed by the Chain of Asker concept and implementation. I am a firm believer in distributed project management and very happy to have found a tool designed to support it!

I am currently evaluating CoA for my team. Within this context I am working under two different logins, one in Internet Explorer and Firefox (my browser of choice). In Internet Explorer I am the project manager; in Firefox I am the main helper.

I have run into an issue with Firefox: even though I Update & Close before leaving Firefox, when I enter again CoA tells me that there is no local data and re-downloads the information from the server (nothing is lost in terms of request/task info). Also, a couple of times I found some tasks duplicated in the Firefox. After re-downloading the data from the server the duplicates were gone.

I was wondering whether Firefox may have issues with Silverlight and whether it is advisable to use other browsers. I would prefer to have a (lighter) alternative to Internet Explorer.

Any suggestions? Please note that I have the latest version of Silverlight (5) installed.

Thanks in advance!

doc

Feb 18, 2012, 4:18:32 AM2/18/12
to Chain Of Asker
Hi Alex Thank you gave me your impression.

I thought that this is simple but powerful solution for the daily job
management but cruelty looks not so mach supporter.  So I am very
happy to hear your positive impression.

I tested ChainOfAsker by IE8, FireFox and Google Chrome on Windows XP
and looks all there have no problem to use COA(Thanks MS Silverlight
implementation!)

ChainOfAsker create local database( Isolated Storage of the
Silverlight word) which store all COA related data under the C:/
Documents and Settings/USER NAME/Local Settings/Application Data/
Microsoft/Silverlight.  When I designed COA I do not support the case
which one windows login user use multiple COA by different COA login
name.

So in your case I guess both IE and Firefox try to write each data to
one place and creating unexpected situation.

So what I suggest is following.

1
How about to use tutorial mode.  This is a mode to learn COA operation
by acting multiple role like project manager and other member

2
If you want to use real system.  Create different win login user like
Goodman(Project manager) and Hacker(Main programmer) and open COA
under different Win login username.  This method is tested by me and
have no problem to use COA but require Windows Login User change
time.

I hope COA to improve your job management problem.

thank you

doc usui

On 2月18日, 午前6:45, "Alexander Deliyannis - SYMPRAXIS Team (eu)"

Alexander Deliyannis - SYMPRAXIS Team (eu)

Feb 18, 2012, 4:26:29 AM2/18/12
to chain-o...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the quick reply!

OK, no problem with this, I will simply test the two users from two separate PCs, that I can keep side by side.

I tried the tutorial mode, but I prefer to test COA with as much a real situation as possible.