Habit Breaking - Mashiv HaRuach x 90 vs HaMelech HaKadosh x 90

Rafi Abraham

Aug 22, 2013, 7:08:53 PM8/22/13
to IChabura
Shalom Chevrah,

Why for Mashiv haruach, one says it 90 times to make a chazakah so you won't need to repeat it if you are m'supak but for HaMelech HaKodesh nobody does that?
  1. M"B 582:3 - M"A - Can't do it because then you would have to say shem hashem to create chazakah. If you wouldn't actually say the real name no chazakah will be created. Pri Chadosh/Brikei Yosef - Argue that you don't say Hashem's actual name and you can the chazakah anyway.
  2. Really chazakah could work, but don't want to create a chazakah for such a short time unlike mashiv haruach.
  3. Building off of Dr. Nachum Klafter's idea that Ezra sent out - The whole point of aseres yimei teshuva is to break out of our habits. Therefore it is inappropiate to create a heter that is based on habit. The chazakah mean I habitually fulfilled hamelech hakadosh.
Any thoughts about the last two answers? I think #3 could be a start for a drasha.

Kol Tuv,
Rafi