Kashrus Shutdown

Jacob Lewin

Oct 16, 2013, 12:03:58 AM10/16/13
to IChabura

So, if I understand the government shutdown correctly that roughly half of all FDA employees have been furloughed and that they have called upon Congress to end the shutdown because companies and manufactures may not be as worried about random inspections, then would there any issues with foods like milk where there are numerous heterim associated with nirsas? Anyone have any color on this? Am I missing something?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless DROID

Ezra Goldschmiedt

Oct 16, 2013, 7:26:45 AM10/16/13
to cha...@googlegroups.com

Word on the rabbinical street (listservs, etc.) is that inspections (for this, at least) are ongoing. Drink up!

- Ezra

On Oct 16, 2013 12:04 AM, "Jacob Lewin" <lewin...@gmail.com> wrote:

So, if I understand the government shutdown correctly that roughly half of all FDA employees have been furloughed and that they have called upon Congress to end the shutdown because companies and manufactures may not be as worried about random inspections, then would there any issues with foods like milk where there are numerous heterim associated with nirsas? Anyone have any color on this? Am I missing something?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless DROID

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iChabura" group.