Zmanim while flying.

Yaakov Ehrenkranz

Aug 27, 2013, 1:44:42 AM8/27/13
to cha...@googlegroups.com
I am going to Israel tonight (Tuesday night) and was wondering about the following:  Attached is Zmanim for the flight from myzmanims nifty new inflight zmanim feature. If u look at it, and I imagine this is somewhat typical of jfk-tlv night flights, it seems that the only time to daven is in the middle of the night- like between 2:30-5:30 ny time- exactly when you'd want to be sleeping. Does Halacha expect someone to stay up/ wake up to do that or is there some other way of looking at this?
Any help appreciated... A little last minute, I know. But any concrete ideas, ideally if based on sources, discussions with poskim etc would be awesome. Thanks!

Yaakov

Begin forwarded message:

From: MyZmanim <cn...@myzmanim.com>
Date: August 26, 2013, 11:48:01 PM EDT
To: yehre...@gmail.com
Subject: In-flight zmanim PDF (LY2)

Hi Yaakov Ehrenkranz,

Attached is the in-flight zmanim PDF for your JFK → TLV flight, departing on Tuesday, August 27, 2013.

And don't forget to pack zmanim for the airports:
Origin: (JFK) New York, United States
Destination: (TLV) Tel-Aviv, Israel

Feel free to send feedback by replying to this message.

צאתכם לשלום,
We wish you a pleasant trip!
The MyZmanim Team

2013-08-27_2350_KJFKLLBG.pdf

Jeremy Baran

Sep 1, 2013, 2:26:28 AM9/1/13
to cha...@googlegroups.com

What did you Do? Anyone get bank to you with mekoros?

Thanks again for letting us see your apartment.
-Jeremy

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iChabura" group.

Yaakov Ehrenkranz

Sep 1, 2013, 2:39:44 AM9/1/13
to cha...@googlegroups.com
R Shachter says gotta daven at the times on the table and if dont think I'll wake up then don't go to sleep. - so I stayed up and davened. Way back is much easier:)