Released: ColdFusion on Wheels 1.0.5

Chris Peters

Jun 18, 2010, 8:24:09 AM6/18/10
to ColdFusion on Wheels
As a side note, thanks everyone for helping us improve Wheels. A lot
of the bug fixes listed below may not have been found and resolved if
it wasn't for you. There are quite a few fixes in this release that I
know will please many of you who have raised issues in the Google
Group and Issue Tracker.

Also, the core team has been working its ass off. It's been hard to
keep up with all of the activity on some days. These guys deserve a
beer. We all should be very grateful for the blood, sweat, and tears
that's been going into this!

Let's keep pushing forward and building the best framework for CF. And
let's continue building kick-ass applications on this great platform.

From the Wheels Blog:
http://cfwheels.org/blog/released-1-0-5/

It’s my pleasure to announce the release of ColdFusion on Wheels
version 1.0.5. Upgrade now to increase the stability of your codebase.
http://cfwheels.org/download

We noticed that there were quite a few bugs being squashed in the 1.1
cycle, so we back-ported most of them into the 1.0.x codebase, and
that’s how 1.0.5 was born.

The CHANGELOG lists 23 bug fixes, many reported by the community.

* Fixed the handling for the errorEmailServer setting so that
error emails can now be sent without having to set the server in the
ColdFusion administrator
* Corrected pluralize rules
* Remove possible spaces in list passed in to callback
registration
* Check to see that a function has a declaration in the settings
before setting defaults
* Update to capitalize() to return nothing if the passed in string
is empty
* validatesPresenceOf() now takes whitespace into account
* Fix for lock timeouts occurring during race conditions in the
design and development modes
* Fix so Wheels uses passed in width/height in imageTag() when
only one of them is passed in
* Don’t append .css, .js to asset files when they end in .cfm
* Update to reload to catch the query blank boolean error
* onCreate validations do not run when onSave validations fail
* Fixes bug with nullable foreign keys in where clause
* Update to clean up variables from all scopes after running
plugin injection
* Updated PostgreSQL types
* Fix for race condition when checking for existing controller
files in the design and development modes
* Error in SQL Server pagination with mapped columns
* Updated hasChanged() for a race condition that wasn’t met
* Fixed pagination error in Oracle when using the include argument
* Fixed incorrect layout rendering for renderPartial() and
includePartial()
* Fix for complex include strings
* Fixed naming conflict occurring for properties starting with the
same name as its model on included objects
* Fixed pluralization issue related to partials used with
object(s)/queries and removed the limitation of the file being tied to
the model name
* Prevent additional errors from occurring during display of CFML
errors

The upgrade cycle is still simple: replace your wheels folder with the
new wheels folder from the 1.0.5 zip.

John C. Bland II

Jun 18, 2010, 8:56:33 AM6/18/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com
Excellent! I've confirmed the downloaded files are 1.0.5, by way of the CHANGELOG. So it is safe to install this one, right? ;-) j/k.

Thanks for all of the hard work. If I'm ever in the same area as you guys...I'll def' treat you to some potato skins or something. :-D

---
John C. Bland II
http://www.johncblandii.com
http://www.johnandseason.com
http://www.twitter.com/johncblandii
---
Suggested sites:
http://www.lifthimhigh.com - "Christian Products for Those Bold Enough to Wear Them"
http://www.sportsmatchmaker.com - "What are you doing today?"

Chris Peters

Jun 18, 2010, 9:04:52 AM6/18/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it is safe. I made sure the correct file is downloading this time. I put this up at 6:30 am instead of 5:00 am, and that hour and a half makes all the difference. :)

Andy Bellenie

Jun 18, 2010, 9:06:10 AM6/18/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com
Enough of a difference to change the logo? :)

Chris Peters

Jun 18, 2010, 9:08:42 AM6/18/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com
The logo is due to client-side caching. Try reloading the page.

The new assetQueryString setting in Wheels 1.1 should help alleviate that though. cfwheels.org is running 1.0.5, not 1.1. ;)

Andy Bellenie

Jun 18, 2010, 9:10:17 AM6/18/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com
ooooh.

Nathan Stanford II

Jun 18, 2010, 9:15:17 AM6/18/10
to ColdFusion on Wheels
Awesome! Looking forward to tinkering with it! Quick question...does
the bleeding edge have support for nested attributes?

Thanks!

On Jun 18, 9:10 am, Andy Bellenie <andybelle...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ooooh.
>
> On 18 June 2010 14:08, Chris Peters <ch...@clearcrystalmedia.com> wrote:
>

> > The logo is due to client-side caching. Try reloading the page.
>
> > The new assetQueryString setting in Wheels 1.1 should help alleviate that
> > though. cfwheels.org is running 1.0.5, not 1.1. ;)
>
> > On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Andy Bellenie <andybelle...@gmail.com>wrote:

> >>  --
>
> >  --
> > .

John C. Bland II

Jun 18, 2010, 9:15:23 AM6/18/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com

Haha. :-)

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 8:56 AM, John C. Bland II <johncb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Excellent! I've confirmed the downloaded files are 1.0.5, by way of the CHANGELOG. So it is safe...

Chris Peters

Jun 18, 2010, 9:23:14 AM6/18/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it does. They're called nested properties to keep it consistent with the naming of the property() method in models.

I'm going to change this chapter around quite a bit so that it's easier to understand, but I started documenting setting up nested properties using nestedProperties() and the hasManyCheckBox() form helper here:

http://code.google.com/p/cfwheels/wiki/NestedProperties

Nathan Stanford 2

Jun 18, 2010, 9:31:21 AM6/18/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com

Awesome! I know I have been kinda stuck on this...but does this mean that a table can relate to itself? Like a category with subcategories using a parentID? Or am I way off here? BTW loving wheels it just made my time as a developer that much more enjoyable! :)

John C. Bland II

Jun 18, 2010, 9:57:13 AM6/18/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com
And the first time I run Wheels 1.0.5 I get an error. :-( Refresh worked fine but concerns me a bit to have the error up front.

The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.
Please contact the website administrator.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.
Error Occurred While Processing Request
The request has exceeded the allowable time limit Tag: cfoutput

The error occurred in /path/to/site/source/wheels/index.cfm: line 1
Called from /path/to/site/source/rewrite.cfm: line 1
Called from /path/to/site/source/wheels/events/onrequest.cfm: line 1
1 : <cfoutput>#application.wheels.dispatch.$request()#</cfoutput>
Resources:
Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.
Browser   Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_3; en-US) AppleWebKit/533.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/5.0.375.70 Safari/533.4
Remote Address   127.0.0.1
Referrer
Date/Time   18-Jun-10 08:54 AM
Stack Trace
at cfindex2ecfm1899056100.runPage(/path/to/site/source/wheels/index.cfm:1) at cfrewrite2ecfm1652949540.runPage(/path/to/site/source/rewrite.cfm:1) at cfonrequest2ecfm1673594145$funcONREQUEST.runFunction(/path/to/site/source/wheels/events/onrequest.cfm:1)

coldfusion.runtime.RequestTimedOutException: The request has exceeded the allowable time limit Tag: cfoutput
at coldfusion.tagext.io.OutputTag.doStartTag(OutputTag.java:149)
at cfindex2ecfm1899056100.runPage(/path/to/site/source/wheels/index.cfm:1)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:231)
at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:416)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._emptyTcfTag(CfJspPage.java:2722)
at cfrewrite2ecfm1652949540.runPage(/path/to/site/source/rewrite.cfm:1)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:231)
at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:416)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._emptyTcfTag(CfJspPage.java:2722)
at cfonrequest2ecfm1673594145$funcONREQUEST.runFunction(/path/to/site/source/wheels/events/onrequest.cfm:1)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)
at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:220)
at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:491)
at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:337)
at coldfusion.runtime.AppEventInvoker.invoke(AppEventInvoker.java:88)
at coldfusion.runtime.AppEventInvoker.onRequest(AppEventInvoker.java:280)
at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:356)
at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:48)
at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40)
at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:94)
at coldfusion.filter.LicenseFilter.invoke(LicenseFilter.java:27)
at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:70)
at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)
at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:46)
at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)
at coldfusion.filter.CachingFilter.invoke(CachingFilter.java:62)
at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:200)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89)
at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:86)
at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46)
at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:94)
at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java:101)
at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:286)
at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)
at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:203)
at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)
http://www.lifthimhigh.com - "Christian Products for Those Bold Enough to Wear Them"
http://www.sportsmatchmaker.com - "What are you doing today?"

Chris Peters

Jun 18, 2010, 10:02:00 AM6/18/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com
The error was after reloading the application with ?reload=true?

John C. Bland II

Jun 18, 2010, 10:38:22 AM6/18/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com

It was on first run right after starting CF.

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 9:57 AM, John C. Bland II <johncb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And the first time I run Wheels 1.0.5 I get an error. :-( Refresh worked fine but concerns me a ...

Chris Peters

Jun 18, 2010, 10:46:59 AM6/18/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com
Yikes. If you run across it again, see if you can trap what the error is...

Dustin Henderson

Jun 18, 2010, 11:28:53 AM6/18/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com
THANKS GUYS!

Please consider putting a donate button on the site. I cannot be there to buy you guys a beer, but perhaps you could take some of the funds I would donate and get you a few cold ones.

I cannot tell you how helpful this framework has been. I wrote GoodClic.com in about 4 months with only 1 developer. And we just got our first goodClic platform enabled App approved by APPLE yesterday! Our success is due in HUGE part to you guys.

Thank you all... and please consider adding a donate button. I know you guys won't get rich... but free beer (and del taco - if you got one) can make the late night coding sessions go much better.

Sincerely,

Dustin Henderson

joshua clingenpeel

Jun 18, 2010, 12:07:45 PM6/18/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com
That's a great list of fixes. I think I'll set aside some time today
to upgrade Wheels in this large project I'm working on. Thanks again.

--
Josh