"An error has occurred. See error log for more details."

Andrew

Jun 13, 2007, 9:10:24 AM6/13/07
to CFEclipse Users
Hi,

I was just wondering what this error log is named so I can go and
check it out. Thanks!

Andy

Andy Jarrett

Jun 19, 2007, 4:35:29 AM6/19/07
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Viewing the Eclipse error log

The Eclipse error log captures internal errors that are caused by the
operating system or your code.
To view the Eclipse error log:

1. Switch to the Plug-in Development perspective.
2. In the Tasks view, in the bottom right pane, click the Error Log tab.
The error log is displayed, showing the following information for each error:
* The status of the error (for example, error or warning)
* A brief description of the error
* From which plug-in the error derived
* The date and time that the error was produced
3. If an error has a plus sign (+) at the start of it, it is a complex
problem, and there are a number of errors contributing to it. Click
the plus sign to view the individual errors.
4. To see the details of a particular problem, double-click the entry
in the Tasks view. A separate window is displayed, showing more
details of the error.

The actual log is kept along with your OS logs

On Windows, the local error log is the Windows Event log (Application view)
On Mac OS X the log is a part of the console.log
On UNIX and Linux systems, the local error log is the syslog.

--
www.andyjarrett.co.uk

Andy Jarrett

Jun 19, 2007, 4:42:06 AM6/19/07
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
> The Eclipse error log captures internal errors that are caused by the
> operating system or your code.
> To view the Eclipse error log:

A quicker way to view the log is

Window >> Show View >> Other >> PDE Runtime >> Error Log

:o)

Andy J
www.andyjarrett.co.uk